Apex Collegiate Academy Charter School is a tuition free, open admission public charter school with a STEM focus for the students of Baton Rouge. Apex is committed to preparing 100% of scholars for success in college and in life.
Opening in August 2016, Apex Collegiate Academy will serve 120 sixth grade scholars. Each year, Apex will add a grade level until they serve scholars in grades 6 – 12, ensuring that each scholar is on the path to college and life success.
At Apex College Academy, success is shaped by the following guiding principles:
- All students deserve a high quality rigorous education that prepares them for college, life, and professional opportunities.
- Literacy is a priority for every student in the school.
- Professionals in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) equip students for the emerging global economy.
- Great teachers produce great results from students, regardless of the student’s starting point.
- Data drives academic achievement and operational excellence
- Structure and high expectations are essential to maximizing students’ opportunities to excel.
- Every second of the students’ lives is precious and we cannot waste any time in educating them.
- Learning encompasses social and cultural exposure to broaden students’ world view and allows them to compete globally.
- Their value system is taught, modeled, and required of every student.